This was Google’s first presence at the BETT Show and wow were they continuously packed! The stand was brilliant – an outdoor classroom theme with an awesome Google Science Fair smoothie bar – drinks served in test tubes!
Despite my nerves, enhanced by the packed audience and pointed video camera, I think that my presentation was well received – judging by the staying put of the crowd and queue of questioners afterwards. Well, the video evidence will either confirm or dispel this notion!
The expressions of intensified interest when I talked about Norfolk having the largest single domain UK public sector implementation of Google Apps – 148,000 registered users – were welcomed. Further err Googling suggests that this may well be the largest single domain deployment in the World! More on this to come (hopefully) courtesy of a write-up by http://www.computerworlduk.com/.
Interest seemed to further swell as I talked about how Google’s open standards enabled us to sit Apps for Education over our standards based Cloud infrastructure with its core components including Identity Management, Shibboleth for Single Sign-on (SSo) and the Systems Interoperability Framework (SIF) for the secure and automated movement of data around the system.
If you are still interested then the following slides accompanied my presentation…
Leave a Reply
- News / 2015-06-12-v2-EOL July 28, 2015
- News / 2015-07-13-idpdisco July 13, 2015
- News / 2015-05-25-1000thMember May 25, 2015
- News / 2014-12-05-TestIdP December 5, 2014
- News / 2014-11-04-CDS-outage November 4, 2014
- News / 2014-10-23-eduGAIN October 27, 2014
- News / 2014-09-19-SecAdv September 22, 2014
- News / 2014-09-05-metadata-officer September 5, 2014
- News / 2014-06-10-SecAdv June 10, 2014
- News / 2014-04-18-SPAdv April 18, 2014